Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: How old were you when you first shot a roll of sup

  1. #11
    Inactive Member mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i was 8 years old and it was in the winter of 81/82. i shot my friend doing 360's in a ski jump we had built on this three meter hill behind my parents' house. the built in light meter didn't handle the snow that well, and the framing was awful, and i didn't hold the camera steady, and most shots started when he was on the jump and ended right before he landed. so the results were pretty much awful, but i thought it was incredible just to be able to capture moving images like that. watched the film again yesterday actually. it still sucked. :-)

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Father O'Blivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jon P

    If there's a prize....I want it. My first roll of Super-8 went through the camera last summer, at which time I was 42. My initial interest in the format must have been due to my being interested in other 'orphaned' formats, such as reel to reel and 8-track tape, as well as 78 rpm records. I took quite a while to finish the roll, and it took forever to get it back from processing. Seeing it projected for the first time was magic!

    Since then, I have collected a few films and equipment, and have spent many hours trolling this board and sifting through the archives. I've gotten an unbelievable amount of great links and useful information from this forum. I have several inches of printed info stacked up.

    Even though I know no one in this forum, I feel that many of you are friends, having read so many of your posts. There are many many things I want to try with Super-8, but as usual, ideas far exceed the supply of time and money so it's hard to say where I will take it. I'm comforted by the fact that if I run into any problems, this is the place that can set me straight.

    Nice to meet you guys, and I hope I can see lots of your films in the years to come!

    ------------------
    <=This post COULD be the result of a renegade brain cell=>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •